Can I access my projects across devices?
If you installed GoDaddy Studio for Android for the first time after 9 August, that means any project you create is automatically synced to the cloud, and available across your Android mobile and desktop devices.
You can access, edit, save and export your projects between your phones, tablets, and computers.
To edit a project across mobile &/ or web devices:
- Ensure that you’re signed in to the same Studio account on both devices
- Create and save a project on your mobile or web device
- You should see the project you created in the projects feed on both devices
- Open and edit the project on your chosen platform 🎉
Note: if it takes a little while to load try refreshing your browser
Will video and multi-page projects work across my devices?
- Multi-page projects do sync, and are accessible across your mobile devices, but are not yet supported on the web.
- We are hard at work building sync for video and uploaded-font projects, but for now those projects will not sync, and will only be available on the device you created them on.
Can I work offline, now that my projects sync to the cloud?
- What does working offline mean?
- If you’ve set Studio to sync only on wifi, then any time you’re not on wifi, you’re offline
- If you’ve set Studio to sync using mobile data, then any time you’re out of mobile data, out of range, on airplane mode etc. then you’re offline
- What won’t work while I’m offline?
- Very important - you’ll need to be logged in before you lose internet connectivity, you won’t be able to log into Studio once you’re offline
- You’ll be able to create new projects, and edit your existing projects while offline, however some features need internet connectivity in order to function, these are
- Starting a project from a template
- Adding new stock images or videos
- Adding new graphics
- Using a fonts that you haven’t already downloaded
- Accessing teams
- Creating new folders
- Opening discover stories
- Project syncing, deletions, sharing etc. will not happen in real-time while you’re offline, but you can continue working, your work will sync once you’re online again
If your projects aren’t syncing, these tips could help:
- I’m getting a sync error - Ensure you’ve followed any instructions the error message might include (examples might be to upgrade your app, or ensure you are on WiFi
- I’ve saved a project but can’t see it on my other devices - Ensure you’re signed in on the same account across the devices you’re working on
- My projects are taking a long time to upload - Some projects can be quite large in file size, and might take more time to sync, internet connection speed plays a part in the upload speed, as does the number and size of files (images, video) you’re using in your projects.
- I can’t see my mobile projects in my projects feed on my computer - Try clicking the refresh link that’s provided on the project screen