Problems with project exports are usually caused by one of the following:
- Not having enough storage space on your device, or in the platform you're exporting to (e.g. Dropbox).
- Not running the latest app or software version on your device
- If the app crashes or freezes when tapping to export, this could be due to having too many large layers in your project, or having one particularly large layer.
- We've somehow let a bug sneak in 🙈
Please do NOT delete and reinstall Over.
Deleting the app will delete all of the projects saved in your project feed. Only projects saved to your account in folders (on iOS) or backed up to iCloud (Over PRO in iOS) will be safe. We are unable to recover deleted projects.
✅ Please check
- The latest app version – have you updated to the latest version of Over in the App Store/ Play Store, and if not, does updating help?
- The latest operating system – have you updated to the latest version of iOS or Android, and if not, does updating help?
- Storage on your device – are you running out of storage space on your device, and if yes, does clearing some storage space help?
- Restarting your device – have you tried restarting your device, and if not, does restarting then trying again with a good Internet connection help?
- Removing layers – if the app crashes or freezes when tapping to export, this could be due to having too many large layers in your project, or having one particularly large layer. Please try removing layers one at a time, and test if you get the project to export.
- Try exporting other projects – this will help us see if it's related to one project in particular, or if it's a wider app problem.
If you have done all of these and you’re still unable to export projects, please try the following more advanced troubleshooting options:
🌟 Canvas size
Are the canvas settings in your project quite large, and if yes, does making the canvas smaller help?
Do this by tapping the 'layers' icon (this is the same on iOS and Android)
Then tap on the bottom layer
Then either choose one of our image presets, or custom size
If choosing custom, enter your canvas size in pixels, and confirm!
🖼 Image size
Is the image in your project quite large, and if yes, does using a smaller image help?
✄ Tip: crop your image by tapping on it, and select 'edit', then 'crop' (this is the same on iOS and Android)
👇Use one of our presets, or select custom proportions (use your finger to change the box size)
📹 Video size (not currently available on Android)
Is the video file size in your project quite large? Try using a smaller video file. Or trim the video by tapping on it and selecting "Trim". Note that videos shorter in length work better.
Adjust the length of the video by sliding the yellow bars left and right.