There are a few things you can try to restore projects that have gone missing from Over.
Please do NOT delete and reinstall Over.
Deleting the app will delete all of the projects saved in your project feed. Only projects saved to your account in folders (on iOS) or backed up to iCloud (Over PRO in iOS) will be safe. Due to privacy, we do not have access to any projects you create with Over – we are unfortunately unable to recover projects on your behalf.
Currently, our Android app sadly doesn't support folders. We're working on it!
👍🏽 If you are on iOS we always recommend:
- Creating an account with Over
- Saving your projects in folders
- Activating iCloud Sync (PRO feature)
✨ Top tip:
Saving to folders means that you will be able to recover projects if your device gets lost or damaged, or if you delete and reinstall the Over app.
🤔 PRO subscribers on iOS:
You can also turn on iCloud sync via the toggle in the ‘Settings’ menu, which will enable you to recover files from your iCloud sync drive. Want to learn more? Check out this iCloud Sync article.
👉 If projects were saved only to your Projects feed:
- Did you recently change devices or delete/uninstall the Over app? If so, this could mean your projects were sadly lost. Any projects created in Over and not backed up to Folders are saved only to the device on which they were created.
- Did you recently back up your device? ✨If so, you could potentially be able to access your projects here, (however, this should be used with caution as it will also reset all other apps and information on your device).
- Are you a Pro Subscriber & using an iOS device? 📱If so, you may be able to recover these projects from your iCloud sync drive if you had that toggled on in the app.
iOS only: You can check the contents of your folders by tapping 'Projects':
Then tapping the 'Folders' tab:
🗂 If your projects were saved to Folders:
- Are you logged in using the correct email account and login method? Folders can only be linked to one login method at a time, (email & password, Google, Facebook, or Apple sign in).
- Does restarting your device help? This can sometimes refresh the Over App.
🌟We strongly recommend backing up your projects to keep them safe! You can do this with iCloud Sync if you're on iOS and a PRO user.
✨Alternatively, you can sign up for an account on iOS to use folders to save your work.